It's a Jersey thing 🇯🇪

So much to catch up on!! Its been a little bit of me being rubbish and also having no internet for a few week. So where to start? 

A few weekends ago I went on a weekend away to Jersey. I have to admit I knew nothing about this little island, never thought to visit it and believed it would be a lot like England. But my partner in crime decided on this little island for my birthday weekend adventure so off we went .... 

Our adventure started in Luton airport with fun and giggles from security all the way to dinner and shopping. We literally went into every shop :), had a little picnic on the plane ✈️ and before our tea had even got cold we had landed!! We must have totally lucked in and got the nicest taxi driver to our hotel. He told us all the places to visit, where to get breakfast and was just so lovely. 

Our hotel was stunning! I couldn't have asked for better, gorgeous room, spa with salt pool, steam room, experience shower, salt stream room and an outdoor pool with a waterfall! Perfect! 

Deciding to go explore and have one drink but have a early night as we wanted to be up and out early the next morning to hire bikes and explore we set of out. We were so busy dreaming and talking we end up walking the wrong way down the pedestrian walk on the longest tunnel in the world - totally obvious to the this fact until the last few metres about why people were muttering at us 😝 

 

Starting off on a  roof top bar on the harbour we watched the sunset with cocktails totally made up by the barman. He warned us a few timeS to drink them slowly as they were so strong hahah! They were actually delicious and ridiculously strong! 

We wondered the beautiful little town of St Helier and stumbled across a pub with kareoke and loads of lovely local people who made us feel so welcome. Atmosphere was amazing so we stayed! An early night we did not achieve!

Despite our late night and excessive alcohol intake we still managed to be up and out after a swim and hired a bike - nope not just any bike but a tandom! I could not for the life of me (and to Sarah greatest amusement) ride the front of this bike! I ended up laughing so much I crashed us into a wall! Although I still maintain it was because my passenger on the back was wobbling us 😂

 

We biked about 26 miles throughout the day and believe me Jersey is not flat! We flew down a massive hill to Boulieys Bay only to realise once we reached the bottom that the only way out the way was back up the hill 🙄 but all in all a stunning day which we ended with a swim and a some diving in the beach front sea swimming pool and dinner in one of the nicest Mexican restaurants I have been to. 

Before flying home and back to reality we managed a quick morning swim under the waterfall :-) one of my most favourite weekends away so far 💙

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful