Bucket list ... 📝

This last year has been absolutely crap! It's been a horrible year with so much stress, negativity and it's completely rocked me. But through all that I found a little bit of myself and found myself doing things I never in a million years thought I would. 

After coming out of a 17 year relationship and finding  weekends to myself I decided I wanted to try new things. So I wrote a list .... I like a list ....

1. Learn to ride a motorbike
2. How to shoot a gun 🙊
3. Try boxing 
4. Travel as much as I can - UK & Europe to start 
5. Go to Brighton (always heard about this seaside town when in South Africa so it's always been on my list!) 
6. Go for Afternoon Tea at the Ritz

Now many have said I'm having a mid-life crisis! I personally hope I'm going to live longer than 72 years but hey ho! It's my list, my things I want to conquer and so I started ... 

 
I went on a funny and completely crazy girls weekend to Brighton! It was filled with laughs, cocktails, wine, clubbing, food and one spinning laughing till your belly ached seaside roller coaster ride! Brighton ✅ These two girls make me belly laugh till I cry, are completely nuts and keep me sane, especially this weekend. They are as crazy as me and up for pretty much anything which always leads to madness and chaos. 

Next was New York City - the Big  🍎 
 

I was lucky enough to be completely treated to a fantastic long weekend in New York City with my two best buddies. It was totally amazing. Becki surprised us at the airport with an upgrade to Business class and we traveled from the airport to our beautiful 5 star hotel via a limo. This is most definitely a city that never sleeps and thanks to jet lag never did we. We shopped till we dropped, drank cocktails and ate in a stunning steak house, saw Matilda on Broadway, I ran in Central Park, along Broadway and Times Square, went to the top of the rock, the Empire State Building, we visited the new world trade centre, went ice skating in Central Park and ate pizza New York style! It snowed our first night there so we woke up to a beautiful white city on the first morning. It was a special weekend with 2 people that have always been there for me no matter what. We don't always agree but we always have each other's backs and there was no one else I would have chosen to go to New York with. 

 
 2017 rolled on and I decided to go for a weekend to Rome, grabbed my passport my suitcase and off I went. Alone! Best weekend I've had in years. I walked for hours and saw everything! Fell in love with The Forum, got told off for taking photos in the Sistine Chapel, climbed stairs and slanted staircases to get to the top of buildings with the most amazing views made memories and proved to myself I could do this on my own. 

 

A girly weekend in Spain followed by a flying trip to Pisa to check on the tower, taste the wine and eat copious amounts of food 😊 the Tower really does lean and you feel like you sliding round on one side! 
 

Next weekend I'm off to Jersey for a lovely weekend and then I should probably think about taking the girls away 😂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful

It's a Jersey thing 🇯🇪