A little bike ride

 So Maisie and I decided to ride to school. She has a new seat that goes between the bike handle bars and myself. She loves it way more than the seat behind me and I think it's because she can see where we going and it's closesr to me and she gets to 'steer' the bike. I say steer but all she actually does is create a brilliant work out for my arms as I am constantly counter steering hahah! Not just a leg and glut workout!!!

Last weekend I make a list of everything I personally want to achieve for myself and in my list is bike riding from London to Paris which is like to do on 2018! There I said it out loud and now have to commit to it! You ride on average 65-80km a day so I need to train, train, train! 

 

Now as a responsible parent I most probably should have ridden this ride on my own to make sure it was all ok but hey I thought I drive it everyday it's fine and decided to totally wing it baby in tow 😂 it was brilliant! Maisie will tell you we saw a dog, only one duck, a horse, cows, sheep and loads of birds. I could just about hear her excited squeaks of excitement at each animal sighting over my laboured breathe as I peddled furiously and held on to the handle bars like my life depended on it to counter steer Maisie's enthusiastic steering towards any animal we saw! 

 

After 26 minutes we got to school, deposited her at preschool and did the trek home! Only thing is I did not realise day dreaming about biking this route while driving my car is that Weston is situated at the top of a hill and it's pretty much ALL uphill the whole way home 😂 but at least there was no little person so I could swear all the way up each hill hahaha 

 

But I did it! 16k! Almost feel like I'm falling apart and the easy amble of 65-80km a day seems like a distant dream at the moment but we all have to start somewhere! 

Meghan and Maisie x 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grateful

It's a Jersey thing 🇯🇪